Protection of Personal Information Act: Customer privacy notice
Michem is committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information collected is used lawfully. In this notice, we explain how we obtain and disclose personal information, as per the requirements of the POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act).
Personal information, as defined by the POPI Act, refers to any information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable and identifiable, existing juristic person.
Reason for collection of personal details:
- To gather contact information and delivery addresses;
- For detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering, or any other malpractices;
- To verify your identity as an authorized user or for other security purposes;
- For audit and record-keeping purposes;
- Direct marketing (to send you our monthly specials and other promotions); and
- Other research and or legal requirements.
Michem has a legal obligation to protect your information and to prevent unauthorized access to this information. Michem has a number of safeguards that is already in place, ensuring that the above mentioned information is protected in accordance to the POPI Act. Michem will continue to review our security controls to ensure that your personal information will remain safe.
Our safeguard procedures cover:
- Monitoring access and usage of personal information;
- Control and regulatory issues;
- Secure communications;
- Network and computer security;
- Retention and disposal of information; and
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
We also impose appropriate security, privacy, and confidentiality obligations on third parties to ensure that the personal information we share is kept secure.
You have the right to access your personal information from us at any time. Proof of identification and authority will however be required.
If you have any queries regarding the above policy or if you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact our information officer.
25/01/2022 – Date of policy changes
Information Officer Signature: Susan Schroeder – +27 (0) 13 755 3326 / email@example.com